Advoco is excited to announce that it is supporting charities across the country by donating over $10,000 this month. Facilitated by Advoco for Good, the company’s charitable giving arm, the funds have been distributed to non-profit organizations across the U.S. with a focus in California, South Carolina, and New York—the locations of the company’s three offices.
The donated funds were raised through the company’s semi-annual fitness challenge. In this war of athleticism, employees earned points by exercising and making healthy lifestyle choices. Winning teams then had the opportunity to vote on organizations to support. The organizations receiving donations are:
· Cancer Survivors Park, Greenville, SC
· Central New York SPCA, Syracuse, NY
· Engineers without Borders, Asheville, NC
· For Frankie, Greenville, SC
· Greenville Humane Society, Greenville, SC
· Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central New York, Syracuse, NY
· Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Carolinas, Greenville, SC
· Service Dogs for Veterans, Taylors, SC
· University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
· Women’s Daytime Drop-In Center, Berkeley, CA
“Aside from the healthy lifestyle that is promoted via the fitness challenge, it is a great way to support some amazing organizations in our communities,” said Dale Thrush, Executive Director of Human Resources at Advoco. “Each of these organizations is doing tremendous good in their respective communities. We are excited to show our support and help them each further their mission and the great work they do.”
For more information on Advoco, visit the Advoco website.